Cascade Windows, a rapidly growing building products company with multiple plant locations throughout the Western United States, seeking an Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Manager for the company. The EHS Manager is responsible for all facets of day-to-day operations for the safety departments across all sites. This includes responsibility for safety and environmental compliance. Furthermore, the EHS manager interfaces directly with community leaders and regulatory agencies to represent the company. This position reports directly to the VP of HR.
The EHS Manager will be heavily involved in a broad spectrum of areas:
- Ensure the company and all individual sites comply with all applicable environmental, health and safety laws and regulations as well as corporate policies.
- Manage all regulatory reporting requirements and permitting processes
- Support all safety and environmental incident investigation processes, including reviewing investigations and corrective actions
- Implement company health and safety programs to identify and reduce risk from hazards
- Develops, publishes and maintains Company Safety Policies & Procedures (PPE, Lock-out/Tag-out, Emergency Response, etc.). Creates policies and training for workers to positively impact employee health, safety and performance.
- Manage company safety initiative progress and tracking systems, including, leading indicator tracking programs, top 5 hazard identification and remediation, critical health and safety program gap closure, among others
- Identifies potential hazards by inspecting facilities, machinery and safety equipment. Makes recommendations and provides potential solutions
- Manages injury claims from inception (reporting) to closure (employee return to work). Partners with leadership to identify light-duty assignments.
- Achieve continuous improvement through sustainable EHS management systems.
- Provide visible and active leadership in delivering excellent safety results
- Complete technical process evaluations and improvements
- Provide support for capital project development and implementation
- Implement systems to improve/sustain results in environmental and safety systems
- Drive initiatives to identify and develop processes for continuous improvement
- Provide support for budgeting cycle targeted at delivering year over year savings
Successful candidate should have the ability to:
- Work closely with local community leaders to represent the company as a good corporate citizen for safety and environmental stewardship
- Instill safety as a core value within the manufacturing and sales teams and effectively communicate a shared vision for safety
- Ability to quickly develop thorough knowledge of window making equipment and systems.
- Ability to relate well to peer group and influence and support leadership team to deliver on multiple obligations including those in the EHS area
- Utilize strong organizational skills to handle multiple tasks effectively
- Comfortable training and educating plant employees, supervisors and managers in safety matters.
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish
In addition the ideal Safety Specialist candidate will have:
- A four year College Degree in Safety or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in Safety and Manufacturing.
In return we offer an excellent salary package with benefits along with the opportunity to grow within the organization.
Qualified candidates email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. **Due to multiple job postings, please list job title in subject line. No phone calls please.