Location: San Bernadino, CA
Reporting to the site EHS Manager, the incumbent will be responsible to align Occupational Safety processes with business goals and to engage employees to promote behaviors that will achieve the highest levels of productivity in the safest possible manner.
- All potential candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States, employer sponsorship is not available.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College / University in Environmental Health & Safety, Chemical Engineering or related discipline
- Three (3) or more years of EHS experience in manufacturing facilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health programs in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted EHS program auditing procedures
- Demonstrated success executing compliance programs regarding Federal, State and local Safety regulations
- Demonstrated success driving safety metrics downward
Additional Preferred Competencies
- Professional Certification (ASP, GSP, etc.) from a nationally recognized organization
- Master’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or related discipline
- Partner with plant leadership and serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding interpretation of federal, state and local EHS regulations
- Aligns corporate and local EHS goals and strategies
- Participate in/lead EHS audits and inspections developing remediation plans as needed
- Maintain positive relationships with federal, state and local regulators
- Maintain and ensure compliance with all relevant federal, state and local EHS regulations
- Lead employee training programs regarding EHS behaviors and compliance
The information listed above is a brief summary of the position and not a complete job description. Other competencies, skill sets and experiences are needed.
- Consideration for this position and full job description details will be shared with those who meet or exceed the complete job description.