Come grow with a leader in innovation, safety and diversity!
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a Regional Occupational Safety Specialist within Honeywell’s Performance Materials and Technologies (PMT) business located in Spokane, WA. Reporting to the Manager Health & Safety for the Western Region, this Regional Occupational Safety Specialist will be primarily responsible and accountable for driving safety excellence and compliance for the PMT manufacturing operations in Spokane, WA.
Honeywell International is a $37 billion diversified technology and manufacturing global leader. Honeywell has more than 120,000 employees in 100 countries around the world and has a demonstrated heritage of both innovation and achievement.
Honeywell International is a $39 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 130,000 employees in 100 countries around the world. We invent and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macro trends like energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity. We are building a world that’s safer and more secure, more comfortable and energy efficient, more innovative and productive. For more information, please visit Honeywell.com or follow us @HoneywellNow.
Performance Materials and Technologies is a high-performing, global business with an array of technologies that are changing the world for the better. We develop and manufacture advanced materials and process technologies used in a wide range of industries and applications, from petroleum refining to environmentally-friendlier refrigerants to bullet-resistant vests. Our advanced materials are critical in the manufacture of products ranging from nylon to computer chips to pharmaceutical packaging.
Performance Materials and Technologies holds more than 3,900 patents globally and employs 2,800 engineers (about one-third of its total workforce) and 1,100 R&D personnel, including 400 with doctorates. Performance Materials and Technologies comprises five businesses, each of which succeeds on the strength of its technology portfolio, complimented with expertise in engineering, sales, marketing and supply chain.
• Lead a cultural change that will facilitate the journey to a Zero -Zero-Zero.
• Lead and provide expert hands-on technical involvement on issues, programs, and processes involving compliance with safety standards and policies and interpretation of local and national safety requirements, permits and regulations.
• Help develop and manage site-wide safety programs such as electrical safety, observations, incident investigations, contractor safety, and new hire orientation and work with regional sites to implement these programs.
• Share best practices across sites to ensure continuous learning and improvement and to drive productivity.
• Accountable for working directly with the plants in the region to fully implement required elements of the Honeywell/PMT Health Safety Environmental (HSE) Management System, Responsible Care (RC 14001), and Honeywell Operating System (HOS)-related activities related to safety programs.
• Participate in Honeywell Operating System activities at the various sites on a regular basis, including tier meetings, floor visits, rapid problem solving, and continuous improvement discussions. Integrate safety with the Honeywell Operating System.
• Provide functional input to sites in the region for development of the site strategic plan, capital plan, and annual operating plan as they relate to safety.
• Participate in planned agency visits.
• Assist with Industrial Hygiene (IH) and maintenance of the sites exposure assessment.
• Under the direction of the Safety, perform minor sampling, monitoring, and surveys.
• Participate in significant safety incident investigations and root cause analyses.
• Work directly with sites to help prepare for audits and inspections.
• Develop standard safety training materials to be used across the sites, provide train-the-trainer education to ensure site resources are prepared to deliver training, and then assess effectiveness of the training with site visits and time on the plant floor with employees recently trained.
• Accountable for reviewing, interpreting and communicating new Honeywell Corporate and PMT Safety procedures. This work will be done in partnership with safety work teams to ensure consistent interpretation and implementation across sites.
Basic Candidate Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 years experience in an occupational safety or health, safety and environment (HSE) role within a manufacturing, chemical process or petrochemical environment, or 10 years of experience in an occupational safety or health, safety and environment (HSE) role within a manufacturing, chemical process or petrochemical environment and a High School Diploma is required.
Additional Candidate Qualifications:
• Occupational safety experience in the chemical manufacturing industry is preferred.
• Thorough working understanding of US occupational safety laws and regulations is essential.
• Knowledge of and direct experience in Health, Safety and Environment auditing, management systems, Responsible Care® and ISO 14001 is also a plus.
• Advanced degree a plus.
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP) Certification strongly preferred.
• Ergonomic knowledge.
• Six Sigma / Lean certification is desired.
• Mature judgment and decision-making ability, with strategic and tactical Health, Safety and Environment experience.
• Strong computer, project management, and organizational skills required.
• Highly motivated, energetic, self-directed individual with good analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
• Ability to travel 25% on an annual basis to the PMT plants in the US Western Region as necessary.
We offer a team oriented environment along with exciting career opportunities and a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
Apply to this position at http://www.honeywell.com/careers/jobsearch.htm. Position number: 00227468 - Regional Occupational Safety Specialist
Interested in Honeywell but this isn't the right job for you? Join Honeywell's Talent Network to receive updates on other Honeywell employment opportunities, news and more. Click here to sign up: http://careersathoneywell.com/en/Newsletternew.aspx
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
King County is moving beyond traditional risk management to Enterprise Risk Management. We are seeking an experienced and innovative Enterprise Risk Management Program Manager to develop and implement this approach to help achieve our objectives by strategically managing a diverse portfolio of risks.
We are offering candidates the opportunity to implement a proactive and dynamic Enterprise Risk Management Program for a $5 billion/13,000 employee organization with work-life benefits that are nearly unmatched elsewhere.
This position will work with county agencies to achieve agency recognition for effective risk management initiatives and programs. Under the direction of the Risk Manager, this position consults with county agencies to help them identify and analyze the portfolio of risks facing the county, partners with the agencies to devise innovative and valuable solutions for addressing and mitigating risk, and integrates Enterprise Risk Management into strategic and business planning processes.
King County Office of Risk Management provides an exciting employment opportunity to positively impact the diverse regional services we offer to more than 2-million residents. Services include: Metro transit, public health, police, wastewater treatment, courts, jails, prosecutors, public defenders, community and social services, the King County International Airport and roads services.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills:
WHO MAY APPLY: This full-time, career service position is open to all qualified applicants. Additional consideration will be given to county career service employees.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit a King County Application Form (paper or electronic), Resume and Letter of Interest detailing your background and describing how you meet or exceed the requirements listed in this job announcement at http://kingcounty.gov/jobs.aspx. Electronic submission is preferred.
You can attach multiple documents if necessary or required, such as your resume and letter of interest to your electronic application. Your options are:
WORK SCHEDULE: The typical work schedule for this position is 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday however, is exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act, and is not overtime-eligible. The incumbent may be required to work extended and/or flex scheduled work hours to respond to service needs.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Please direct questions about this recruitment to Brittany Hagen Crosser, Senior Human Resource Analyst at 206-296-5172 or Brittany.email@example.com.
Company: Fortune 500 National Retailer
Location: San Francisco Area
The Regent Group has been retained by a large national retailer to identify a Director Risk Control. Position is responsible for directing and leading the development of companywide risk control business plans and strategies that will reduce the frequency and severity of associate and customer injuries and illnesses, comply with OSHA and other regulatory requirements, and protect the company's assets. Primary responsibilities will include developing, implementing and managing the execution of these business plans and strategies. Programs will have emphasis on building an organizational safety culture, behavioral based safety for associates, and continuous improvement. Responsibilities also include the support of other risk management initiatives as assigned.
• Develop, implement and manage companywide risk control programs. Programs to be developed collaboratively with cross functional departments and risk consultants and must have favorable impact on associate and customer claim frequency and severity.
• Maintain regular communication with corporate and field operations on risk management initiatives, including regular training at divisional and district meetings.
• Analyze risk and business data to identify risk exposures and proactively provide solutions.
• Analyze company policy, procedures, and practices to ensure compliance with OSHA and other regulatory safety and environmental health requirements.
• Develop and distribute effective and actionable loss prevention reports for senior and field management.
• Manage fire protection programs and initiatives for Company owned locations.
• Other risk management initiatives as assigned.
• 10+ years’ experience in the implantation and management of companywide safety programs within multiple states/locations.
• Certified Safety Professional designation preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication.
• Industry knowledge along with OSHA, EPA, NFPA, product recall and other regulatory standards applicable to a retail operation.
• Abilities to identify and analyze organizational risks utilizing the Risk Management Process and have the ability to develop and implement programs to mitigate these risks and achieve desired results.
• Must be able to analyze large amounts of claims data and other disparate data sources to determine root cause of frequency and cost drivers of claims, and have the analytical skills to interpret this data and effectively communicate claim trends and related risk controls to our internal and external business partners.
• Must be able to research, understand, interpret, and apply applicable laws to manage and effectively administrate multi-state occupational safety programs.
• The ability to build a strong organizational safety culture, and to apply behavioral risk concepts to risk control programs and practices.
• Strong knowledge of OSHA, EPA, NFPA and similar regulations as applicable to a retail environment.
• Ability to conceptualize and design "best practices" for safety, and creative alternative approaches and integrate these programs into Company operations.
• Must be able to influence change within the department, within the company, and among external business partners.
• Work independently with little or no supervision, exercise discretion and independent judgment, and protect the confidentiality of the Company, its clients, and its employees.
• Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, and be able to manage multiple projects at one time.
• Proficient in Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point. Experience with Risk Management Information Systems is preferred.
About The Regent Group
The Regent Group is a leading executive search and professional staffing firm serving the insurance and risk management industries. Since 2002, we have assisted organizations throughout the United States in identifying top industry talent.
George Lonas, President
The Regent Group
Spokane Public Schools
Provides coordination services relating to a variety of safety and health projects and programs/ performs code compliance reviews relating to facilities, building systems, and worker protection rules; makes recommendations to management concerning regulatory code compliance; maintains records in accordance with department regulation, district policy and state, local and federal statue.
Visit www.spokaneschools.org for job description and application information. For questions, call (509) 354-7265. EOE
PAY RATE: SALARY/DOE (EXEMPT)
EXPERIENCE: 1-3 years experience in the field or in a related area.
REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of OSHA, WISHA and MSHA Regulations required.
Mark DeAtley (509) 751-1580 ext:222 or Deedee Pearson ext:233.
Liberty Mutual Group Senior Risk Control Consultant - UPS Dedicated Team-45877
Advance your career Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company Commercial Insurance is searching for a Risk Control Consultant to join Risk Control Services' UPS-Dedicated Team in the greater Portland, OR area. This position may be work from home, due to the dedicated aspect of the account, but does require the majority of each workday at various customer locations. In this role, you will work shoulder-to-shoulder with UPS' Risk Management and Health & Safety teams to identify, quantify, and reduce/eliminate safety hazards. The UPS-dedicated team takes pride in its reputation for responsiveness and proven track record for pro-actively identifying opportunities for impact, and for developing solutions that have proven time and again our value in mitigating loss for this high-profile customer. The right candidate for this role will bring strong relationship-building skills, acute customer focus, and a passion for quality execution as well as the requisite technical skills and experience.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
We believe strongly that commercial success can be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded commercially by doing the right thing the right way.
We believe that the Company's success is inextricably linked to our employees' satisfaction and success: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success.
We believe our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives everyday.
Responsibility. What's your policy?
Job Loss Prevention
Primary Location US-OR-Portland
Salary (Pay Basis) 70,000-88,000
Education Level Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Shift Day Job
Travel Yes, up to 50 % of the Time
To apply go to: LibertyMutual.com> Careers > Experienced Professionals and enter Job Code 45877
C-TRAN, Clark County, Washington’s public transit agency, is seeking an individual to be responsible for the transit system’s risk, safety, and training functions.
Safety responsibilities include developing short- and long-term strategic safety goals and objectives, evaluating safety programs, and directing the gathering and analysis of related performance and statistical loss data to identify areas of exposure and help prioritize deployment of safety and training resources. Position is also responsible for the development, coordination, and presentation of training programs to ensure compliance with state and federal safety regulations and training requirements. Position will report to the Executive Director/CEO.
Requires Bachelor’s degree in Safety Management, Engineering, Industrial Hygiene, Basic or Applied Science, Environmental Science, or related field and a minimum of five years’ progressively responsible experience in safety and risk management and the development and delivery of training programs. Three years in a supervisory/managerial capacity required. Certified Safety Professional certification preferred. Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates complete competency and knowledge of the principles and practices of safety and risk management and development and delivery of training programs may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement. Excellent communication skills required.
Hiring range is $6,354 to $7,689 month. Top of salary range is $9,023. Excellent benefit package. Apply on-line at www.c-tran.com, (job code 13-22). Cover letter and resume required.
Position will remain open until filled. C-TRAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.