Safety & Health Professional (10/17/14)
Vigilant (www.vigilant.org), is a vibrant and continuously improving employers' association with proven advocates intensely committed to providing quality service and living Vigilant's six core values- responsiveness, reliable, results-oriented, respectful, responsible, and relational. We serve member companies in five western states with timely and practical counsel on human resources management, employment law, safety, employee benefits, workers' compensation, labor relations, management training, and leadership development.
We are seeking a full-time Safety & Health Professional. This position is responsible for proactive counseling and advising employers located in Washington and Idaho to assist them with safety-related advice, inspections, action plans and cultural change. In addition, the Safety Professional will be responsible for learning and delivering Vigilant's unique Leadership Advantage development program. Our ideal candidate is dynamic, engaged, and invested in helping great employers become better. This position is located in the Safety Professional's home office. This position will require frequent travel, primarily in Eastern Washington and Idaho, and will include overnight travel as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct workplace inspections to prevent injuries/illnesses and to meet compliance standards.
- Conduct safety audits and provide follow-up action plans and analysis as needed.
- Review accident statistics to determine cause and identify loss sources and trends.
- Seek opportunities to enhance upper management commitment and to reinforce accountability
- Review safety programs for compliance.
- Adherence to Vigilant's two hour response requirement for member questions.
- Consult and guide members through the safety citation and appeals process.
- Provide simple solutions that meet the member's needs as well as consider regulatory issues.
- Remain current on injury trends, changes in the standards and available resources.
- Conduct safety training for members and prospects.
- Navigate regulatory issues in a way that translates safety into an issue of positive corporate culture and
- Facilitation of Vigilant's Leadership Advantage programs.
- Visit member businesses to maintain goodwill and positive relationships.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to Vigilant's vision and values.
- All other duties assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience or expertise in occupational and health safety required.
- Computer competence and proficiency (e.g., Microsoft, CRM, website, etc.) required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation and advanced group facilitation skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team.
- Ability to provide sound safety advice, with the goal of helping members achieve their objective
- Ability to connect and develop relationships with staff and member companies.
- Ability to travel throughout the state of Washington and Idaho, including overnight travel as needed.
Education, Certifications and Experience
- Degree from an accredited 4-year college or university preferred; certified safety professional a plus.
- Minimum of two years of professional experience in an occupational health & safety related field.
- Must have a valid drivers' license.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Salary dependent on experience. Vigilant is an Equal Opportunity Employer.